May 7, 2009 in Uncategorized
Don’t let the name of this recipe put you off it is absolutely delicious.
This is my very favourite recipe especially in winter, it is sweet and sour and i love the way the chicken falls off the bone.
Recipe for Coke Chicken
- 600g chicken on the bone
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp blackpepper
- 1 whole onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 4 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Pimento AllSpice (my secret Ingredient)
- 4 Cloves
- 5 Tablespoons of Chutney (Mrs Balls of course)
1) Preheat oven 200C. Fry onions, bay leaves and cloves, add chicken just to brown. Season with salt, pepper and Pimento All spice
2) Add fried ingredients to a casserol dish, add Chutney and mix.
3) Fill casserole dish with coke just until it covers the Chicken.
4) Bake in oven for about an hour or until nice and sticky
Serve with new Mcains Spanish ric which you can find in the frozen foods section and roast veggies.
Very nice for winter or as an add at a braai!!!