Everyone wants to give their child or someone special in their life a beautiful birthday party. But if you have tried to plan one you will know how much it can ALL add up… and quickly!
Just cause you have a budget doesn’t mean your party won’t be fabulously stylish and fun.
Here are a few tips I use when planning a party or get together.
BAKING / FOOD
Bake things that go far but don’t cost very much like
- Meringues which require 2 eggs and 100grams of sugar to make roughly 12 – 15 meringues.
- Jelly/jello – you can use fresh fruit juice and gelatine place in molds and they look super cute when molded into shapes.
- Fresh fruit chopped up into cubes and then threaded onto kebab sticks. (seasonal fruit would be cheapest and healthy)
- scones – bake a big pile and place on a pretty plate then place beaten fresh cream, butter and 1 or more types of jams nearby in cute bowls for people to help themselves.
- Potato wedges – take fresh potatoes rinse and slice up and cover with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and roast in the oven until tender and crispy – serve in jars or teacups and servewith sauce
EXTRA TIP* Make a lot of one or two things instead of having a bit of this and that as most people like to try everything. Rather they can have their fill on something than you run out of somethings making you look like you under catered.
GAMES VS ENTERTAINMENT
Playing games instead of hiring entertainment! For kiddies there are games like:
- Pass the parcel
- scavenger hunt
- dunking for apples
- hide and seek
To carry on reading this post please click here