Inspired croissant filling ideas
April 8, 2011 in Uncategorized
Since the weekend is upon us, why not make a quick and delicious brekkie or brunch in bed for your special someone? Maybe even dust off your juice extractor that you never seem to use and make an amazing juice combination to enjoy with your breakfast. It’s as simple as getting freshly baked croissants from your favourite bakery or supermarket in the morning and choosing some fillings that you may enjoy! Instead of the expected salmon and cream cheese OR ham and emmentaler cheese options, why not shake things up a bit with these ideas…
- Try different cream cheese flavours. eg. a sweet red pepper cream cheese(from PNP) with fried chorizo and rocket OR biltong flavoured cream cheese(from PNP) with preserved green figs, peppadews and some biltong slices.
- Rare roast beef with a mixture of cream cheese and horseradish, fried onions and watercress
- Balsamic roasted baby tomatoes with mozzarella and basil
- Crispy bacon and fried banana with maple syrup
- Creamy mushrooms(and ham) and rocket
- Chive cream cheese with shredded snoek and baby salad leaves
- gypsey ham and poached egg
- sliced pork sausage, with julienned granny smith apple with dijon mustard and honey
Biltong cream cheese, green figs and peppadews
Red pepper cream cheese, fried chorizo and rocket
Do you have any inspired filling ideas? please share, would love to know!
Enjoy your weekend everyone. Create moments everyday and cherish them