I Speak Fluent Merlot! Don’t Faint Pinks …. I did one!
July 16, 2012 in Pink's Quiz
Ola Pinks my angel,
I have the house to myself FOR ONCE, half way through a bottle of fabulous Merlot and can’t resist having a go at your quizz! It’s only taken me two years to do one!
1. What is Hähnchenschnitzel in Germany?
Hahnchenschnitzel – is what Gretel broke up and dropped in the Bavarian Forest when she and Hansel went for a walk … a kind of German Sat Nav thingy!
2. What is the main ingredient of Bucatini al’Amatriciana?
3. What is Yuzu?
It’s Japanese for “you have gone crazy and have to be admitted to a mental institution.
4. What is au levain?
It’s the traditional French translation for, ” Oh – the van”
5. Where did bruschetta originate from?
6. Where did croutons originate from?
7. What is the fruit known as that is a cross between a Murcott- and Clementine oranges?
8. What is the function of a pie funnel?
It’s the thingy you use that you push a liquidised pie through!
9. What does “to scald” means in culinary terms?
When you cut your finger – burn the toast and drop an egg, you scald and scald and scald and the air turns blue around you!
10. What fish are also known as mahi-mahi or dolphin fish?
Yes, as you can see I do fluent speak Merlot! Hahaha …. Saturday afternoon giggles!!!!