1. Name 3 vegetables you really really dislike (hate is such a strong word):
Sweet Potato, sweet potato and more sweet potato – in fact I dislike it so much that I won’t eat anything that has actually touched it on a plate
2. The kitchen appliances/gadgets you wanted the most, and hardly use now you’ve got it:
My terracotta roasting dish – but only because I’m terrified that it’s going to get broken and I can’t replace it! - I desperately want a bread maker at the moment
3. Favorite Wine (cellar/ type/ color will do)
Wine – Red and alcoholic. My most enjoyable easy drinker has got to be Sandor – which a friend had here in the UK. Don’t know where she gets it from and she won’t tell. After growing up on a wine estate – I’ve been lucky enough to be exposed to so many different estates that it would be difficult to chose just one but I absolutely love my Cab Sav
4. What is one of your worst childhood food memories?
Being forced to eat sweet potato one Christmas and spending hours at the dinner table – whilst everybody else got to open presents – just because I wouldn’t eat it. Needless to say – a bit of starvation, a little mould and I won the war that my parents waged. Never eaten it again
5. If a craving/muchies strike, what would it most likely be for and what would you do to get it:
Flings or cheese curls – my ultimate to die for snack.
6. Strangest thing you’ve ever eaten (foreign and/or frightful):
Haggis – Minced sheep and pig offal stuffed in a sheeps stomach – AWESOME!!!!!!!
and Black Pudding – dried pigs blood in sausage form
7. Do you ever buy ingredients, having absolutely not clue what to do with it?
No – I always know what I’m going to do with what I buy. I will try new ingredients but only if I have some idea of what to do with it
8. Do you have any Obsessive and/or Compulsive behaviours in the Kitchen, name a few!!
According to my husband, I’m a perfectionist. Everything has to be just right or the same as the image in my head. He says I keep adding until I get it right – no matter what anybody else says
My kitchen has to be spotless before I do anything – if it means that I have to clean it again – then I will
My kitchen has to stay clean – nothing spilt on the counters – otherwise it freaks me out
Spillages on my stove – the quickest way to get me annoyed – My stove has to sparkle at all times
My herbs and spices must be int he right spots – heaven forbid I have to look for any of them.
I could be here for hours – so I’ll stop before you all think I’m totally insane
9. Name one thing you would like to have in the kitchen
A decent set of knives – I used to have a set until a friend of my husband’s decided to sharpen them with an angle grinder – such an idiot!
A bread maker is on my want list at the moment and a titanium food processer that would cost my husband £500.00 (just over R5 000.00) – It’s absolutely gorgeous
10. If life was like box of chocolates, which chocolate would you choose?
I’d bypass the chocolates and go for the flings