Wow – I can’t believe that it’s been 8 months since I lasted posted. Time really flies when you aren’t paying attention.
So much has happened in such a short time. I started work soon after arriving in Auckland, I stopped working about 5 months later when I realised that my poor children weren’t as settled as we thought that they were, I then started my own business making cakes, cupcakes and cake pops and in between all that – would you believe me if I tell you that there are still a few boxes to unpack.
I seem to be busier now that when I was working full time, a permanent taxi service to my children and their incredible amount of daily activities but I’m not complaining – this is the perfect life………..for me!
You’ll notice that my banner has changed names – this is my new business name. I have tried to upload my logo but at this stage, it’s not working for me and I don’t seem to have the time to work it all out but I’ll get it sorted soon….hopefully
So when I finally got back online this afternoon and saw the cupcake challenge, I thought – why not!
So here are a few of what I now do for a living. These cupcakes were just plain chocolate cupcakes with a caramel filling.
150g (5oz) butter, softened
- 150g (5oz) caster sugar
- 100g (3½oz) self-raising flour
- 2 level tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
Few drops of vanilla extract
Set the oven to gas mark 5 or 190°C.
- To make the cupcakes: place all the ingredients in a bowl and beat until smooth.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases, and bake in the centre of the oven for 15-18 mins, or until the cakes have risen and are just firm to the touch in the centre.
- Remove cakes from the oven, transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
I love these cupcakes as they are still moist a few days later