Eat-In Produce Awards and Stellenbosch Slowmarket
March 23, 2012 in Uncategorized
Photo courtesy of Consol Glass
The Eat In DStv Food Network Produce Awards acknowledge and celebrate outstanding, independent South African producers, food markets and outlets for their innovation, passion, integrity and care for the environment. The top producers and suppliers in South Africa will be showcased in the Amphitheatre area where the winners will be announced at 10h30 am. A new category this year is Best Local Food Blog (I am one of the top 10 nominees) so we are all waiting excitedly to see who will win this new category.
Here, according to Eat-In are ten things not to miss at the market:
1. Watch the awards ceremony – hosted by Food Network’s Jenny Morris – and be the first to know the winners at 10:30 in the amphitheatre.
2. Taste scrumptious food made by nominees from across the country – including duck all the way from KZN and jam from the Free State! Find these products, along with a host of other nominees, in a special Eat In section within the Slowmarket.
3. Pick up a copy of Eat In 2012, which includes all the award winners, recipes and over 850 speciality food stores and markets around the country.
4. Buy a limited edition Eat In tea towel for R60. R100 gets you a magazine too!
5. Grab some friends and embark on a wine tasting of Place in the Sun, Distell’s Fairtrade wine sourced from prime growing regions in the Cape, or the latest offerings from Durbanville Hills.
6. Get a free MyTyd shopping bag from our partner, Rapport. Stocks are limited, so get there early.
7. Get your photo taken by My Tyd. The pics will be on display in the My Tyd area.
8. Fill your shopping bag with produce from across the country at over 200 stands.
9. Catch acoustic rockers, Wild Lettuce, playing at the Bell Tower.
10. Pick up gorgeous clothes and decor items from hot, young designers at The Treasury Market, also taking place at the Slowmarket this weekend.
Late edit: Congratulations to all the winners of the different categories, including Nina Timm from My Easy Cooking who won the Best Local Food Blog award. What a fabulous awards ceremony. The market was rocking….too much really as you had to fight your way through hoards of market goers to get near to any stalls. But an awesome vibe and a really great ceremony in the amphitheater. I would like to thank all my friends and readers for your great support during the voting stages. I am so honored and privileged to have been nominated and placed in the top 10 best food bloggers. Thank you all!
See all the winners here