Aubergine and broccoli salad
|Aubergine and broccoli salad|
Recipe Type: Warm salad
Author: Caro de Waal
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Roasted aubergine slices with honey and cumin and broccoli trees tossed in ginger and garlic.
- 10 baby aubergines
- 1/2 broccoli
- Roll of goats cheese
- 1 plum
- 1 thumb ginger
- 2 fat garlic cloves
- 2 T honey
- 2 t cumin
- Vegetable oil
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 220 C.
- Slice the aubergine about 1/2 cm thick.
- In a large bowl, mix the cumin, honey, salt and pepper and about 2 T vegetable oil together.
- Toss the aubergine slices into the mixture and make sure they are all coated.
- Lay them out on a baking tray and place in the oven for about 10-15 mins or until just starting to brown.
- Cut the broccoli florets into flat trees (the same thickness as the aubergine).
- Great the garlic and peel and grate the ginger on the small (not smallest) eye of the grater.
- Toss the broccoli in a pan with a little vegetable oil and the ginger and garlic, season well until just done.
- Skin and dice the plum into small blocks.
- Lay the aubergines and the broccoli onto a platter and crumble over the goats cheese.
- Garnish with the diced plum.