Beetroot hummus with warm baby pitas
Pink is the best feeling to have… or to eat. Try some of this magical stuff for a fun and different starter or tapas. Easy and made in minutes With love….
- 6 medium beetroot
- 1 can chickpeas
- ½ wheel feta cheese
- 80ml olive oil
- 2 mint leaves
- 2 large basil leaves
- 1 t tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 t sugar
- Juice of 1 small lemon (to taste)
- Black pepper
- 10 baby pita breads
- Pull the stems off the beetroot in a twisting motion – cutting them makes them bleed.
- Boil them in water until soft.
- Cool and peel carefully.
- Cut them roughly and place them in a bowl.
- Peel the garlic clove and add to the bowl along with the chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, sugar, mint, lemon and seasoning. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Blitz it until smooth. Crumble the feta over the beautiful pink hummus.
- Warm the pitas in a hot oven for 3-5 mins and serve when warm.