February 16, 2012 in Vegetable garden
Tomato chilli jam recipe
Author: Caro de Waal
Recipe type: Chunky jam
A rustic relish-style jam with a sassy kick.
- 1kg large tomatoes, halved
- 3 red chillies, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1cm ginger, grated
- 3T balsamic vinegar
- 100g brown sugar
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 150 C.
- Place tomatoes on a baking tray and add the onion, chilli, ginger, garlic, vinegar and sugar and then a nice glug of olive oil.
- Salt and black pepper and mix well with your hands.
- Roast for about 1½ – 2hrs or until browning and caramelised.
- Cool and place in sterilised jars.