July 17, 2011 in Uncategorized
Its early hours of Sunday morning – dark and chilly and I am the only one out of bed- it is going to be a busy day and I wanted an early start. I am sitting in a warm cosy kitchen with my pets for company and working on the answers to Pink’s weekly quizzes which I have recently started doing – I am enjoying it very much.
1. What are the main ingredients of a Cassoulet?
Haricot beans, pork and duck
2. What is seasoned flour?
Flour that has spices and seasonings like salt etc added to it.
3. Which fruit is the richest known source of the antioxidant called lycopene?
4. Why is it advisable to rest steak for a couple of minutes after cooking?
To allow the juices to settle
5. What is a galette?
A French cake made with a rich flaky crust.
6. What is chimichurri?
Sounds like some exotic fruit but is a green sauce
7. Where is Polenta a staple food?
8. What is Chaîne des Rôtisseurs?
An international gastronomic society based in Paris
9. What is a Pink Lady?
A gin based cocktail
10. What is a sommelier?