Friday Food Quiz Number 65
October 9, 2011 in Uncategorized
Another brain teaser from Pink – interesting and fun as always. Long faces all round from Rajen with the disappointing rugby results as well as the African Nation soccer.
1. Is couscous a grain or pasta? A grain – made from semolina – luckily I had a packet of couscous so that I could check.
2. The dish “Ossobucco” uses what cut of meat? Veal shanks
3. What is “bubble and squeak” made off? Finely chopped leftover vegetables – mainly cabbage and mashed potatoes that is panfried.
4. Which fruit is used in a black forest cake? Maraschino cherries
5. What are the small snacks served with drinks in Spain called? tapas
6. What is “Ciboulette” more commonly known as? Chives – not sure of this.
7. Which herb flavours a béarnaise sauce? Tarragon and chervil
8. What is Finocchio? fennel
9. What is Madiba’s (Nelson Mandela’s) favouritedish? umngqusho ( mine changes all the time –not sure if he is the same)
10. What kind of fish is used in rollmops?Pickled herrings