Amaretto soaked cherries dipped in white chocolate
November 25, 2012 in Uncategorized
Hello my cherries
This is a a great dinner party gift idea. When I go to dinner parties, I normally buy a box of choccies for the host, but I saw this idea on Pinterest & wanted to give it a try. It turned out really well, and was so easy to make, that I wanted to share it so that you could try it too. It’s kinda-like a cherry liquer chocolate, but fresher & much nicer (I think)
- 1 punnet cherries
- Amaretto liquer
- 1 Bar white chocolate (buy the best you can afford)
- Wash the cherries (leave on the stalks), then cut a small cross at the bottom of the cherry – this will help the alcohol absorb. If you can de-pip the cherries, then do that. I wasn’t really sure how to de-pip the things without destroying them, so I didn’t do that part.
- Put the cherries in a bowl & cover with Amaretto – put these in the fridge for at least 12 hours, but 24 hours would be better.
- Once you’ve soaked the cherries for long enough, melt the chocolate in a double-boiler. Once melted, turn down the heat, but keep it on the heat, otherwise the chocolate will go all thick & lumpy
- When chocolate is melted, drain the cherries & pat dry.
- Dip each cherry in the melted chocolate, & then put on wax paper
- Once all cherries are done, you can put them in the fridge to set
- Once set, put in a pretty bowl or gift box
Now you’re all set to amaze your host with your fabulousness