March 16, 2012 in Friday Food Quiz
It has been three months since my last post and I know you have missed me terribly and that you battled to get through the day without reading something blogged by me, and I am really sorry!!
Here are a few reasons for my absence:
I am working full day and on top of that I do catering, for a hobby, and I was overloaded with orders for platters, cakes and especially Children’s Birthday Cakes.
We went on holiday!
We moved, and it took a month for Telkom to connect our telephone line. After it was connected, my Internet connection worked for three days and was then down for three weeks. To top this, my cellular phone gave problems and I received no calls or messages!! I was really cut off from the world!
The connectivity problems were actually a blessing in disguise, because I realize that I was spending way to much time on the Internet. So I started reading again and I spent a lot of time taking care of my herbs and vegetables in the garden and tend to all my other hobbies that I have neglected over the last few years.
I will still blog but only when I feel like it, which will be much less than in the past.
Here is another Food quiz to keep you occupied over the weekend!!
If you are going to do the quiz, please copy the questions and do the answers on your own blog. Please leave me a message to tell me that you have done it.
I will post the answers to the Quiz on Monday evening with a link to your answers!
1. What tree gives us prunes?
2. What drupaceous fruit were Hawaiian women once forbidden by law to eat?
3. What is Tapenade?
4. What are the main ingredients of Alfredo sauce?
5. What is the difference between Oregano and Marjoram?
6. What is the Amla herb and how is it used?
7. What do you use to make Wasabi?
8. What is the difference between a compote and a coulis?
9. What is “Alfajores” and where did it originate from?
10. What is “pão” (pãozinho)?
Enjoy the weekend and have fun in the kitchen!