Please visit the following bloggies who did the Quiz for brilliant answers:
1. Where is the dish Vindaye a traditional dish?
2. What are the main ingredients of a classic French Sabayon?
A – Egg yolks and Madeira wine.
3. What is Ochazuke and from which country?
A – Ochazuke combines two Japanese ingredients, plain white rice and green tea. Ochazuke is commonly served at the very end of an elaborate Japanese full course meal. It’s also favored as a midnight snack, a hangover cure, or just when you want something hot and filling.
4. What type of dish is Pasha and when is it normally eaten?
A – Pasha is a dessert and mostly eaten over Easter.
5. What is a “silk squash” better known as?
A – Chinese Okra or Luffa.
6. What is Crostatas?
A – A crostata is an Italian baked dessert tart, in a form of pie. The jams that are traditionally used as a filling are cherries, peaches, apricots, berries.
7. What is Sunflower greens?
A – The micro plant that results when unhulled seeds are grown in soil.
8. What differentiates a “pot pie” from another pie?
A – A pot pie has a “top and bottom completely encrusted by flaky pastry and baked inside a pie tin to hold its shape”.
9. What are the main ingredients of the spice “bzar” (or bezar)?
A – Ground coriander, cumin, black pepper, red pepper, dried ginger, turmeric, cardamom and nutmeg.
10. What plant does tapioca come from?
A – The cassava plant.
Picture of Vindaye with the courtesy of Mitzi Reddy: http://blogs.food24.com/mitzireddy
Thanks to everyone that participated!