Proof that I know a lot about food
July 11, 2011 in Just for a laugh
After all the fleck that bloggers took in the last week (http://mg.co.za/article/2011-07-08-going-to-the-blogs), and Anne Myers being unhappy with the quality of food blogs in general, I thought I should do PinkPolkaDot’s food quiz to proof to everyone how much our food bloggers do know about food, so after this the real press should know that us food bloggers have a very high general knowledge of the culinary world.
1. What is the difference between chowder and soup?
A.) You can chow on chowder but must sip on soup
2. What are the basic ingredients of fruit curd?
A.) Duh, fruit what else
3. What is the difference between Fruit preserves and fruit conserves?
A.) Fruit preserves have a capital “F” and fruit conserves a lower case “f”
4. What are Jerusalem artichokes?
A.) Artichokes grown in Jerusalem
5. The Marula fruit is native to which country?
6. What is hyssop?
A.) Afrikaans for “he is soup”
7. What is Cape pondweed better known as?
8. What does gratinéed means in culinary terms?
A. Bad translation of “Rasper en eet”
9. What is dombolo better known as?
A. Bolo, because it is rude calling someone “Dom”
10. Why is raita served with curries?
A.) She does not taste good with pasta
All offers for freebies can be send to email@example.com