While I find myself with some time on my hands, I think it’s time to finish all the drafts I have accumulated and start posting them before the season changes.
I have been quite lazy when it comes to cooking lately. We have had heatwave after heatwave in Pretoria and I just can’t bear to be behind a hot stove or oven. So, I find myself with many summer inspired posts.
We’ve had mainly salads and light ‘tapas’ in our home. And loads of ice-cream, sundaes and shakes.
I often use my husband and kids as taste ‘guinea pigs’ for my recipes. I think they enjoy it. If not, they dare not say it.
The kids couldn’t wait for the photos to get done on this sundae so that they could tuck in.
The great thing about sundaes is that there are so many flavours and ingredients to be tried… as long as there is ice cream, the rest is an adventure. So raid your pantry for ‘sweety’ bits and go for it!
We used vanilla ice cream, store-bought toffee syrup and Woolworths’ brownies to put together this rich chocolaty sundae. Normally, I would use home-made brownies but as I said….too hot for baking. It’s a really easy recipe and requires no mixing and blending of any sort.
You might like to check out this recipe for a decadent Chocolate Brownie and Mixed Berry Trifle from Woolworths as well. It is awesome.
Recipe: Brownie Topped Toffee Sundae
- 2 glasses Vanilla ice-cream
- 4 Home made or store-bought brownies
- Toffee syrup
- Pour toffee syrup into a sundae glass as you tilt and rotate it so as to get syrup on the sides of the glass.
- Half fill the glass with small scoops of ice-cream, and add tiny bits of brownie into it. Add some more ice-cream. Enough to fill the glass.
- Decorate with the rest of the brownies which have been cut into tiny bite sized squares.
- Drizzle some toffee syrup over the top.
Variations and Tips
If you have berries, these pair really well with the chocolate.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2