Savoury Tart – Inspiration’s Challenge
July 2, 2010 in Uncategorized
Sorry I took so long hey!
The savoury tart challenge for last week! I hope I get around to making a Malva Pud this week still!
Anyways my ‘tart’ aka Quiche (is mos technically a savoury tart, no?)
I managed to over brown/grill burn the poor thing. Thus a wide shot of the tart was not going to happen. And the close up looks a bit messy – so I do apologise! But trust me its was still edible (if you scrapped off the little blackened pieces of pastry…) Also apologies for my non-fiddly ingredients measurements… you know, bit of this, some of that!
Chicken, Mushroom & Leek Quiche
1 Roll Puff Pastry
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bitesized chunks
125ml greek yogurt
Chicken Spice Seasoning
Crushed Garlic (as much or little as you can cope with)
2 x medium sized leeks, chopped in 1cm thick disks (rounds/ dwars)
1/5 Greenpepper (chopped finely)
Handful or so Mushrooms, diced
6 BabyTomatoes, cut in half
3 x eggs
125ml cream (+ nog extra)
1 tablespoon Mustard (english, wholegrain, any)
Salt & Pepper
Grated Cheese (Cheddar, Gouda etc..)
- Line a suitable baking dish with a thin layer of spay and cook… and your puff pastry
- Prick with a fork and pre-bake for approx 10-15min in a warm oven (180′C). You can do the blind baking thing, with the beans, but I dont have any dried beans lying around…
- In the meantime, marinade the chicken a few minutes in the yogurt and chicken spice, (sommer while you chop away on the other goodies)
EDIT: in a pot/pan cook the chicken until done!!!
- Once the time is up for the pastry, layer the chicken, garlic, mushrooms, leeks and greenpepper in the pastry case (in the dish)
- Mix the eggs, cream and mustard. Season a bit with salt & pepper.
- Pour carefully into the dish. You kinda want to cover all the ingredients. If you run short, just add more cream!
- Top with the halved tomatoes (slices will do just fine) and the grated cheese (about 2 small handfulls)
- Pop back into the oven @ 200′C until the egg mixture is no longer wobbly (raw), approx 20 min.
- Grill for a bit of color, but dont walk away to talk to your better half, thats when the ‘overbrown’ happens.
- Serve with a green salad (yes even in winter)
Have a fabulous weekend Everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Baghana Baghana…hope you wont Be-gona- Be-gona
absolutely GO SPAIN!!!!!!!
PLEASE NOTE THE EDIT, FORGOT TO TELL YOU TO COOK THE CHICKEN!!!!!