Creamy Paprika & Parmesan Smoked Chicken Pasta with Mushrooms
September 7, 2010 in Uncategorized
Well at least Im only 2 days late with this challenge – Im getting better at this…
As per Inspirations Challenge of laaast week…. making a 5 ingredient pasta. So last night when I finally got around to making it, I couldnt remember for the life of me – does the pasta count as an ingredient too??
Anyhoo, here is my shot… quite a mouthful:
Creamy Paprika & Parmasan Smoked Chicken Pasta with mushrooms
(served 2 for dinner, plus 1 lunch box)
Tagliatelle, prepared as per package instructions (about 1/2 a packet)
2 smallish garlic cloves, chopped finely
good handful (or 2) mixed mushrooms (button & brown) chopped
2 x smoked chicken breasts , cubed
approx 200ml cream
1 teaspoon paprika (I mixed half plain/normal paprika & half smoked paprika)
* approx 1 cup grated parmesan, leave a bit to top the pasta with (also just excessive garnish really…lol)
* dried chives for garnishing
* seasoning: salt & pepper (they dont count as ingredients…)
1. In a frying pan, heat a bit of olive oil (just a small blob, does nothing for the taste of this, but you dont want your garlic to stick to the pan now either)
2. Add to the heated oil the finely chopped garlic and fry just a wee bit.
3. Then add the mushrooms and fry until about halfway done,
4. Add the cubed smoked chicken and stir well
5. Bring the heat down and add the cream (because I limited myself with ingredient, I would next time add either milk or stock with the cream, cream alone is a bit rich…)
6. Heat thru (dont boil or the cream might split), and add the paprika & parmesan
7. Again limited myself with ingredients – a bit of maizina or flour to thicken the sauce would be just fine *here*
8. Check your seasoning and stir in about a teaspoon of chives
9. Dish up your pasta, with the creamy chicken mix/sauce and top with extra parmesan.
Variations: Swop the chicken with Bacon bits or smoked salmon (with the salmon, leave out the paprika & mushrooms perhaps add a bit of lemon and perhaps some asparagus?), a veggie version – why??? hehe Just kidding, mushrooms, sweet peppers, courgettes, asparagus and peas – if you really really want to!
It was very much niceness!!
In other developments… I also made Carey’s Beer Bread (or Rock Salt Cake..)
I didnt have any time thyme and used Rosemary as a replacement – absolutely divine! Hubs didnt even mind me using his beer for this! For the recipe just ‘click’ on Carey’s link above! We had this on Saterday with a yummy green salad and steak, with a creamy redwine & mustard sauce! I will post this tomorrow…’cos I like to keep you hanging!!! hehe
Have a fabulous day!!
PS: REMEMBER TO GO VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITES IN THE SA BLOG AWARDS .We have Potjie in the Indiginous Language Category, Nina, Janice and Ally in the Best Food & Wine Blog Category!! GO…GO NOW…GO VOTE AGAIN!!!! Im watching you!!!