Nectarine & BlueBerry Crumble
- Medium Packet of Ripe Nectarines (+/- 8-12 fruit)
- Handful (or 2)of Fresh BlueBerries
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Cream
- 1 tspn Vanilla Essence
- 175gr flour
- 75gr Brown Sugar
- 75gr Cubed Butter (unsalted)
- Quater the peaches and remove the stones.
- Add to a frying pan or pot on medium heat, let it cook for 10min. This makes the fruit soft and the skins peel of quick and easy and leave the fruit all ‘blushed’.
- Place the fruit in a deep pie dish and scatter the blue berries over.
- In the same pot/pan, heat the sugar, vanilla essence & cream together until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour over the fruit.
- Prepare the crumble! Rub the butter into the flour and sugar. At times it would seem there’s not enough butter – but its all part of the ‘plan’.
- ‘Pour’ the crumble over the fruit and bake in a 180′C oven untill browned (+/-20 – 30min)
- Serve with Cream, Ice Cream or Custard.
I Do apologise – getting use to the new ‘format’ still… lol – at least the recipe in place and all neat!!
Great Recipe for summer pud – real comfort food if you ask me!!