SuperNBE is back – Baking almond flour blueberry, chocolate & walnut muffins
February 4, 2013 in Uncategorized
I am ashamed to say that it has well over a year since I have last shared an exciting food adventure with you… During this time there has been so many changes (a promotion, department move, an overseas trip, some major life changes, and a move from Cape Town to Sasolburg) with very little time for culinary experimentation as you can imagine. However, certain things remain the same – We still have our Oscar Simonelli Espresso machine to enjoy cappuccino’s, iced latte’s and macchiato’s at home (even though in Sasolburg). Thanks to my lovely sweetheart, who has the hands of a barista, maestro! The quality of beans we use are still great, thanks to Bean There in Johannesburg.
Besides all the major changes, one of the most exciting ones is that I got an oven and I can bake now! Yay! I mean double yay!
I also discovered a range of healthy products from Nature’s Choice (their head office are situated in Meyerton but most of their products are available at Dischem or Pick ‘n Pay). I am especially enjoying baking with their Almond Flour, as my tummy doesn’t do so well with the wheat anymore. I have found this quite a nice alternative and would like to share with you this recipe for baking almond flour blueberry, chocolate & walnut muffins.
Ingredients (makes about 12 regular sized muffins):
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup Nature’s Choice Sticky Choccy sauce (its a mix of agave nectar, vanilla seeds and carob powder but you can use honey or stevia or sugar but I am trying to cut down on that sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoons (t) baking soda
- 1/4 t baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 cup of 70 % dark chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons (T) coconut oil (or olive oil or flax seed, which ever oil you prefer)
- 2 T dehusked sesame seeds (hulled)
- 1 handful walnuts (crushed roughly)
- 1 cup blueberries