Pink Polka Dot’s Food Quiz No. 30
June 19, 2010 in Uncategorized
I spent part of my morning baking a sweet tart to take with to a braai this afternoon – it’s on the kitchen table cooling at the moment (recipe to follow).
AP and I took a quick walk around to the front garden to look at our building project, leaving the back door open…………as we came back around the house, there were three monkeys raiding the bird-feeders! I nearly died of horror at the thought of them being in the kitchen with my newly baked tart!! Fortunately, they hadn’t gone inside, naughty rubbishes.
Here’s my answers to PPD’s food quiz - hopefully I haven’t done too badly!
1. What is the main spice in Goulash and from which country did it originate? Paprika – goulash is from Hungary
2. What is Chaat and from which country did it originate? pass……
3. Where do they use dried cod in some traditional dishes? Portugal, I think
4. What is the main ingredient in Borscht and from which country did it originate? Beetroot – Russia
5. What is Gazpacho and from which country did it originate? a cold spicy tomato & pepper soup, from Spain
6. What is the main ingredients in Breyani and in which country is this a traditional dish? Rice, vegetables, curry spices, sometimes meat, from India
7. What are the main ingredients in Tzatziki and from which country did it originate? Plain yoghurt, cucumber – Greece
8. Who is famous for their Risjtafel, and which country influenced this? no idea
9. Coronation chicken was created for a special occasion. What occasion was this? the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II
10. What is Rogan Josh? Curry, I think